Mayto Food Tour
Cuisine, Culture, and Cooking
Beyond Vallarta—Cuisine, Culture & Paradise!
A 2-Day, 1-Night Culinary Excursion. Hit the road with Vallarta Food Tour to paradise.This tour includes a 1-night stay in the beachfront beautiful rustic hotel Rinconcito. This is where we and the local go to get away. Perfect for foodies and explorers of the real Mexico want to explore cuisine and culture beyond PV. A love of adventure and unique experiences are a must for this tour.
- Start the tour off at 9 am with a classic Mexican chilaquiles breakfast at a local favorite.
- Spend 1-hour touring the breathtaking Botanical Gardens and learning about the vanilla bean plant, regional coffee, and cacao
- We will stop in Tuito and learn Tequila’s close cousin racilla.
- Head for a 1 pm lunch in Tuito for Jalisco´s regional dish-Birria
- Next is a visit to Sol y Mar ranch for a visit with its famous goats and goat cheese tasting.
- Check in at 3pm and spend a few hours exploring Mayto on your own until dinner time.
- Gather for a 6 pm tradicional ranchero delicious dinner and help with with making tortillas. Learn how to make their house salsas.
- After dinner you can relax in front of the fire while star gazing and sipping regional vino or racilla
- Meet at 9 am for breakfast at Rinconcito
- Leave Mayto at noon and head to Tehua(famous fishing town for oysters)
- Head for a delicious unforgettable sarandeado red snapper lunch with ceviche at one of the famous fisherman house-Turin
- Return to Vallarta around 4 pm
Mayto Food Tour
Duration: 32 hours
Starting Location: Vallarta Food Tours
What to expect from this tour?
2 Days Of Food & Fun – While it might sound like a lot of stops on Day 1, the pace is leisurely and the ride is picturesque, and you’ll be riding in the comfort of our 20 seat, air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter. Once you arrive at the beachfront Rinconcito Hotel you will have a bit of time to explore, swim or lounge on the pristine and quiet beach.
Cuisine, Culture & Cooking – This is a one of kind experience perfect for foodies, and anyone who wants an insider’s perspective of the local food scene. Our regional cuisine is rich in history making it fun to learn the story behind the food. Unlike any of our other tours, you will learn to prepare authentic salsa and tortillas.
Why take this tour?
- Beyond Vallarta. This guided culinary experience is the perfect overnight trip. While food is the primary focus, you’ll get to explore a couple of nearby towns and learn a lot about history and culture.
- A Hands-On Experience. Learn about regional dishes and how to prepare salsa, tortillas.
- Immerse Yourself In Mexico. As much as we love Vallarta, and we do love our city, we understand that you might be looking for an off-the-beaten-path immersive travel experience—and this is it! Enjoy authentic Mexico with our professional guides!
Tour Highlights Include
- Meet Local Food Heroes
- Learn how to dress a taco the local way!
- Experience Vallarta Best Tacos and regional dishes
- Enjoy regional delicacies while meeting new friends
Stress Free Policy
Tour bookings can be changed to any date, different tour or turned into a gift certificate to use on a future date with no expirations even one hour before the tour! A change of plans is no problem!