Taste of Pitillal
Off The Beaten Path Food Tour
A Wonderful World Of Food Just 10 Minutes From The Marina!
Every Town Has A Unique Take On Regional Cuisine. Pitillal is a charming pueblo on the outer edge of Vallarta, just 10 minutes from the Marina—making this tour the perfect way to explore more of Mexico without going too far.
- Bring your appetite as you will be full by the end of this 3.5-hour guided food tour.
- Pitillal is small so we will pass by several landmarks along the way, like the stunning Parroquia de San Miguel Archangel. We’ll walk about 1 mile between our 7 stops.
- You won’t see as many tourists in town so you’ll get a greater feel of authentic Mexican living.
- Eat in a mix of street stands and family-owned restaurants serving mouthwatering regional cuisine.
Taste Of Pitillal
Duration: 3.5 hours
Starting Location: Lazaro Cardenas Park.
What to expect from this tour?
More Than Tacos – We go beyond tacos and include mole enchiladas, ceviche tostada, savory soup, regional chocolate, a seafood taco, and a birria taco from one of the best taco stands in Vallarta. We even stop by a tortilleria, which is a fresh tortilla bakery.
A Culinary Tour With A Bit Of History – We share the story behind the food, including the history of each restaurant and regional Mexican dish. We also share some of the highlights of Vallarta’s rich culture.
Why take this tour?
- Experience Authentic Mexico. With over 1,000 restaurants to choose from in Vallarta it can be overwhelming to decide where to eat. We introduce you to the local gems serving the best regional cuisine our city has to offer.
- Something For Everyone. This is the perfect shore excursion for your day at port, a fun way to spend a few hours outside of your all-inclusive and is ideal for anyone looking for a small-group tour that isn’t too touristy. We see a lot of snowbirds and expats on this tour too.
- Foodie Fun. If you love to eat this is the tour for you. Take your tour early in your vacation so that you can return to the spots you enjoyed most. Make a few new foodie friends along the way!
Tour Highlights Include
- Meet Local Food Heroes
- Learn how to dress a taco the local way!
- Learn about the Mexico best gift to the world – Chocolate
- Explore Vallarta most important sites such as Old Town, Rio Cuale, Guadalupe church, malecon and much more
- Experience Vallarta Best Tacos and regional dishes
- Enjoy regional delicacies while meeting new friends
Stress Free Policy
Tour bookings can be changed to any date, different tour or turned into a gift certificate to use on a future date with no expirations even one hour before the tour! A change of plans is no problem!
Slow-cooked pork (meaning “little meats”) This local favorite cooks up Pitillal’s best Carnitas.