Original Downtown Tour
Local Places. Local Food. Local People
Experience The Best Food In Downtown Vallarta
Tacos And Authentic Regional Favorites. We know that tacos are on your list of food priorities and this culinary tour has tasty tacos and more. The original downtown Vallarta food tour will take you to locally-owned restaurants and street food stands you might not find on your own but certainly don’t want to miss.
- This is a 3.5-hour walking excursion with a local foodie as your tour guide.
- Voted #5 Food Experience in the world by TripAdvisor
- Enjoy mouthwatering regional cuisine from 8 different tasting locations.
- The tasting includes a bottle of water, fresh coconut water, and enough food for a satisfying lunch.
The Original Downtown Food Tour
Duration: 3.5 hours
Starting Location: Lazaro Cardenas Park.
What to expect from this tour?
More Than Tacos – We go beyond tacos and include mole enchiladas, ceviche tostada, savory soup, regional chocolate, a seafood taco, and a birria taco from one of the best taco stands in Vallarta. We even stop by a tortilleria, which is a fresh tortilla bakery.
A Culinary Tour With A Bit Of History – We share the story behind the food, including the history of each restaurant and regional Mexican dish. We also share some of the highlights of Vallarta’s rich culture.
Why take this tour?
- Experience Authentic Mexico. With over 1,000 restaurants to choose from in Vallarta it can be overwhelming to decide where to eat. We introduce you to the local gems serving the best regional cuisine our city has to offer.
- Something For Everyone. This is the perfect shore excursion for your day at port, a fun way to spend a few hours outside of your all-inclusive and is ideal for anyone looking for a small-group tour that isn’t too touristy. We see a lot of snowbirds and expats on this tour too.
- Foodie Fun. If you love to eat this is the tour for you. Take your tour early in your vacation so that you can return to the spots you enjoyed most. Make a few new foodie friends along the way!
Tour Highlights Include
- Meet Local Food Heroes
- Learn how to dress a taco the local way!
- Learn about the Mexico best gift to the world – Chocolate
- Explore Vallarta most important sites such as Old Town, Rio Cuale, Guadalupe church, malecon and much more
- Experience Vallarta Best Tacos and regional dishes
- Enjoy regional delicacies while meeting new friends
Stress Free Policy
Tour bookings can be changed to any date, different tour or turned into a gift certificate to use on a future date with no expirations even one hour before the tour! A change of plans is no problem!